Tuesday, May 14, 2013

LAPORAN SEORANG GURU BANGSA CINA YANG PRIHATIN

NEW ADDITIONS TO THE PONDOK

Yesterday evening I paid a visit to the Pondok in Lekir.  For those who don't know, a Pondok is a religious school.  Besides enrolling students and adults for lessons, this particular Pondok also houses orphans, destitute children and old folks.
 It was dinner time when I arrived and I could see the boys waiting for their turns to take their servings. Most of them had gone on a fast that day and so they would look forward to the food served.



 The main menu for the day was Ayam Masak Merah.
 The tables and chairs and the dining hall were a new addition.  According to one of the caretakers, the furniture was once part of the hawker centre at the Medan Gopeng Bus Terminal.  Since it has ceased operations, the people there decided to donate it to the Pondok.
 Another pleasant surprise I got when I was there was a mini recreation park being built.  I did remember Ustaz Syed telling me that this was a project done by well-wishers. Unfortunately I can't remember which organisation it was that volunteered.

No comments: