Thursday, August 9, 2012

PS RAMADAN ACTIVITY: VISITING OLD FOLKS AT PONDOK LEKIR















Like last year, as part of the Resource Centre Programme for the Ramadan month, I had planned to bring 36 of my librarians next Tuesday to visit the 60 odd senior citizens at the Manabi'ul Ulum Centre or Pondok Lekir to present them with festive goodie bags as well as to bring festive cheer to them. However, I was told that many of the old folks had requested to go back this week to their villages to celebrate Hari Raya Aidil Fitri with their loved ones. They were supposed to only go back on the 27 day of Ramadan. As a matter of fact, about 40 of them had already gone back home and there were only 21 left. Puan Kamariah and I had to act fast and the both of us went out to buy kurma (dates) and biscuits to put into the goodie bags that we would bring along with us on Wednesday evening. Accompanying us on our goodwill visit were Tuan Haji Hasnin, Puan Norbazuaniza and her daughter, Yaya and two of my students, Atikah and Balqis. A few of the ladies felt sad that we could not bring along all the students as they had enjoyed their company last year. Sigh!!! Next year I will make sure that I plan the visit earlier so as not to disappoint the golden girls and also my librarians.

No comments: